Date:
Thu, 8 Jul 1999 16:52:30 -0700
Ken Stuart wrote:

> First, a couple of miscellaneous things to try: 1) raise your daily protein intake (which people often say helps fatigue, especially if you are physically active), 2) raise your daily fat intake.

HI KEN--I'm doing roughly 12 blocks per day (3/4 lb of meat), which is
more than I should be doing as per the Zone--which I'm not married to,
rather tied to, I would say.  Is more protein good?

And, I'm dropping out the ghee, almonds, and almond butter (and rice and
beans) for a week, as per Oliva, so what fat intake amount is good to
shoot for?

> Second, I didn't see any mention of fish or any other omega-3 source.   Sears has noted problems with the Zone after a period of time that he traced down to slowly increasing AA/DGLA ratio.   Fish oil capsules help this, or alternately eating more cold-water fish such as salmon, tuna, etc.  Skin problems would seem to indicate this.

I used the justsoexpensive Zone fish oil caps with no results, but found
out at D'Adamo that O's shouldn't do a lot of A and E, especially
fish-derived, due to already thin blood and low blood pressure.  Both of
these are true for me.  My son, also an O neg, gets nosebleeds when he
takes too much A or antioxidants.  So, I'm wary.  I do eat salmon,
roughy, tuna, and sea bass when we can get them.  Maybe once per week,
generally.

> Third, since this sudden onset of health problems, have you had a liver panel (blood test) done?  Fatigue can come from liver problems, ie not everything is  due to food! :-)

Yah, I had the whole danged workup, and I've got beautiful blood and my
regular GP thinks I'm a hypochondriac.  Yuck.

> Fourth, maybe your problem is..... the comfy chair! :-)

I want to fight the lion!  It's in my contract!

Thank you for your input.  I'm not naysaying everything, but as you can
see, I do have scads of info, but no freakin' results!

Karla