From:
Charles Castellow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Apr 1998 11:44:24 -0800
Love Liza writes...

> I don't believe it is a philosophical discussion at all.  It is, rather, a
> basic, common-sense discussion of health and nutrition.  It is my opinion
that
> it's probably not a great idea to include alcohol and drugs in one's diet
> plan. Do you disagree?

Yes.  Quite a few studies show that a glass or two of wine is actually good
for
you.  The health benefits aren't sufficient enough to warrant starting to
drink if you don't currently drink.  But the health risks associated with
moderate wine consumption are not a source of concern for me.  Your OPINION
is that it's not a good idea.  Fine, you don't have to drink  My OPINION is
that
it's okay for me to have an occasional glass of wine, and I will.  Why don't
we
agree that this is a point that reasonable people can disagree on?

-Charlie