From:
LIFE F0RCE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Apr 1998 14:32:22 EST
John,
<< "Good" in this context meant "allowable", which means that it does not
violate the priciple of the diet >>

I think it is important with any diet regime to not become so rigidly
compliant with the rules of the diet, that one relinquishes one's best
thinking about what is healthy and what is not, including thinking well about
one's individual needs which may differ from the perscription of the diet.
The diet should serve you, not you serve the diet.

<< Whether or not becoming intoxicated occasionally is a "good" thing or not
is a philosophical discussion that I'm not entirely sure belongs on this list.

I don't believe it is a philosophical discussion at all.  It is, rather, a
basic, common-sense discussion of health and nutrition.  It is my opinion that
it's probably not a great idea to include alcohol and drugs in one's diet
plan. Do you disagree?

<< Suffice it to say that there seems to be a preponderance of evidence that
primitive peoples have done it and still do. >>

So what?  Does that mean that it is a healthy practice, just because these
groups do it?  I'm sure they do lots of things that we'd be horrified to know
about. We don't live in their environment, and they don't live in ours. We may
know some things that they don't - there is that possibility!

Love Liza

[log in to unmask] (Liza May)