From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Aug 2002 16:05:45 -0700
> But this doesn't apply to "omnivores" in *general*.
> Statistically you can find superiority if
> vegetarianism and and reason it.
> Like this:
>
>   Average meat-eaters eat all their protein as meat,
> but it's still too low
>   in energy (desplite 20% fat in tissue). So they
> need additional food
>   energy - without protein. This usually comes in
> the form of desserts,
>   sweets, caces etc.. With the bad effects to
> expect- high insulin and low
>   vitamin.
>   Vegetarians need to derive their *protein* from
> plant sources, therefore
>   they *have to* take more of unmodified, whole
> plant sources.

????????????????

Amadeus, I'm surprised at you. Why do you assume that
the 'omnivores' you describe above will supplement
their meat eating with crap (desserts, cakes, etc.),
while the 'vegetarians' will take the high road and
eat non-crap to fulfill their protein requirements?
It's this type of unbalanced logic that give
vegetarians a bad name on this list.

I have personally known a number of 'junk food'
vegetarians. They load up on chips, crackers, cakes,
pies, pastas, pizza, etc. because they believe they
should be getting their energy and protein from
grains, and they believe what they are doing is
alright because - "well, it's not meat so it must be
ok to eat it"!!

In both camps you are going to find people who take
the high road and some who take the low road.

http://finance.yahoo.com