From:
The Getty's <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 22:08:56 -0500
> I am hopeful. Population growth seems to be losing steam, as
> more and more countries enter the slow/zero/negative growth
> zones. Most of Europe is already close to negative numbers.
> Japan too. The US would be nearly stable but for large
> immigration, and even most of the third world has much
> slower growth now than in the past. I guess the economic and
> political problems of the 21st century will revolve on how
> to deal with declining populations rather than rising.

You are incredibly optimistic.  Population growth is projected to continue
to explode.  The poorest areas are still exploding in population.  But let
us assume that the population will soon level off.  If other areas of the
world even partly adopt our consumption levels of resources, it will be as
if the population would be multiplying many times over.
I think it is a matter of having enough money to eat the way you want.  Even
those without much money could eat a lot better, spending less on other
items.  Of course there are people who have no other items, and only eat the
very cheapest of foods, which are generally grains.
Paul

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses by Cape Lookout Mail Server]