From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jul 1999 22:08:04 -0600
Jane wrote:

> (a list of her daily food)
> Does this seem to be the proper mix of meat to
> veggies/fruit?

It's pretty similar what I'm eating, except that I seldom
eat eggs for breakfast and am more likely to eat nuts then or
occasionally meat.  And I never have any fruit before
supper, and never any juice at all, because I have a strong
tendency to hypoglycemia.  But the proportions are about the
same.

I know I'm eating far far less food and fewer calories than before
going paleo, and feeling far more satisfied.  I was a former
8-oz-chocolate
a day junkie.  I never touch the stuff now.  I was bending the rules
a little on dairy products, but have decided to quit that.  I drink a
cup of
decaf coffee a day.

My favorite meal out is fajitas: tell them to leave the rice, beans,
and tortillas in the kitchen.  You have lettuce, tomato, guac, grilled
onions
and peppers, and the meat.  Yum.  Steak and salad works too.  Sometimes
I order a hamburger, substitute salad for fries, and throw away the bun.

Grilled fish is okay too, if you can find it.  On the road: half a
roasted
chicken from the supermarket, a bag of organic salad mix; that's a meal.

Lynnet