From:
"C. ten Broeke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 09:59:16 +0100
Grin grin grin, but now serious.  Has anyone ever eaten rodents and how
was it?  What circumstances where you in and would you do it again?
I'm still trying to think how it would be to live off the land and
rodents could be part of that.
I have no emotional objections to eating cute little gerbils or a tasty
hamster, it is just that you can't buy them here.  I saw a documentary
that in South America they are kept as pets/food so it should be easier
to find some on your plate there.
They idea of eating rats from the sewer as they come here, all exposed
to human waste is not very appealing. Besides petstores (which I'm not
seriously considering, don't worry) I see no source of clean healthy
rodents as they are eaten in Africa etc.

Christy