From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Jul 1999 13:16:35 -0400
Clelia wrote:

>Has anyone on this list that suffers with myopia seen any improvements after
>going paleo?  Is there any vitamin or foods that will help this eye disease?

I had a substantial improvement after going gluten-free, then dairy-free,
then paleo. I do feel an important part of it is not wearing my glasses.
Situations have been that I do need to wear them more now, and at my last
checkup they regressed. You can find my prior post, and discussion of it, at:

  http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/CGI/wa.exe?A1=ind9810&L=paleofood#28
  http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/CGI/wa.exe?A1=ind9810&L=paleofood#34

>Can someone suggest any web sites that I could get some information from?

  http://www.cia.com.au/vic/faq.html
  http://www.holisticmed.com/www/vision.html
  http://www.deja.com/getdoc.xp?AN=293643374&fmt=text
  http://www.deja.com/getdoc.xp?AN=362044061&fmt=text

A number of books are available.. "Take Off Your Glasses and See"  by Jacob
Liberman. Also "Better Eyesight Without Glasses" by Bates which started it
all and was buried for 60 years. Searching for these books came up with
this Amazon.com associate's web page:

  http://www.visioneducators.com/reading.html

Don.