From:
"C. ten Broeke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 22:57:58 +0200

> 2 lb jerky (beef/turkey)
> 1 lb dried apricots
> 1/2 lb banana chips
> 1 pack dates
> 1 pack freeze-dried veggies
> 1/2 lb almonds
> 1/2 lb macadamia nuts
> 1 small jar (or whatever) nut butter (macadamia, almond)

Seems to me there is not enough protein in your pack. The carbs for
quick energy are ok and the nuts will give you  some fat. But you might
need loads and loads of more fat to keep your energy levels  up. Maybe
you canb buy meat in airtightfoil that is of good quality too.  And if
it's not pre-packed you might be able to have it packed at a butchers
for you. The last thing you want to do is get hungry when there's not a
shop in sight!
So the dried food is fine and the nuts too. Did you ever try the
nutmuffins with arrowrootpowder and nutflour? They taste good and
provide a lot of calories.  I usually make them on sundaymorning  and
feel quite satisfied with them.
Together with your waterweight it could be a bulky backpack. But you
don't need to carry water for the entire trip do you? So perhaps just a
2 litre bottle for the day that you can fill up in the morning before
you start moving again?
Clothes you don't need, just what you wear and one extra undie ;-)

Christy