From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Dec 1999 09:36:54 MST
I've got to agree with the Long Tall Texan on fruit and weight loss.  Keep
fruit intake low, especially if you have an insulin problem.  Atkins, Eades
& Eades, any pro will tell you; the sugar in fruit will stop you in your
tracks if you're hyperinsulinemic.  It's Christmas and I've been letting
myself have some fun.  But in a normal week, you'd be lucky if you saw me
eat two servings of fruit.  We're talking all week, not in a day.

Michael may have mentioned fruit in a posting with another title; if so my
apologies.  But he's right on this one; to drop weight keep fruit intake
low.  Better yet, eat berries instead of fruit.  Strawberries and
raspberries have the lowest carb count of all natural sweet treats, with
melons pretty low, as well.  I know Ray Audette says you don't need to count
calories, but get a food count book anyway, especially if you need to keep
your carbs low.