From:
Fredrik Murman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 16:49:52 -0500
Today I went to a local supermarket to buy some "paleofood". As usual,
during the past six months, I bought things from the fruits, vegetables,
nuts and animal parts categories.

Normally I don't have any cravings for dairy, but when my basket was loaded
I suddenly felt an enormous craving for a product called "Natural Yoghurt",
made of highly pasteurized milk and yoghurt culture. It doesn't contain
anything else besides these two ingredients. I used to eat that product
before I went paleo.

I brushed the feeling aside and started to go towards the checkout, but the
feeling came back. It was very strong. I knew that pasteurized milk and
pasteurized milk products are dangerous, but I felt that it was very
important that I drank at least a little bit of that yoghurt. So, I went
back and put it into my basket. "I can always through it away when I get
home", I thought.

When I got home, I didn't feel like eating any of my paleofood. The first
thing I did was that I drank the whole package of yoghurt in a couple of
minutes, almost five cups (1 liter). It was wonderful. A deep
unsatisfaction I had felt for at least a day, went away immediately.

Any comments?

Fredrik