From:
Keith Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Mar 2004 01:50:44 -0500
On Tue, 9 Mar 2004 08:50 Tom Bridgeland wrote:

>On Tuesday, March 9, 2004, at 07:21  AM, Nicole Rendezvous wrote:
>
>> My son has a round,
>> chubby face and my daughter has a slender,
>> thin face- due to genetics
>> of course since their diets don't differ.
>>

>My family is the same. But I am the one with the narrow face ;--) I
>think Keith was referring to the abnormal pinched look that Weston
>Price noted from people who ate poor diets, compared to their well
>built parent's faces. I see that every day here in Japan, abnormally
>narrow-jawed kids with odd, jagged teeth sticking out in all
>directions. Old people don't seem to have it, just people about 35 and
>under mainly. I doubt it is from vegetarianism per se, more likely junk
>food and poor fats, as I think Price said. The kids here do eat quite a
>bit of meat these days, and fish too. But they also eat mountains of
>candy and other junk.

Tom's right.  It is very often from inadequate nutrition of the parents
(both parents, even before conception - see Price's book), as well as the
child.  Vegetarianism is just one kind of nutrition that is unsuited to
the human animal - though many seem to thrive on it.  In the cases I am
referring to, the cause is often inadequate nutrition, usually of the
vegetarian kind (I have sometimes questioned them - politely - when the
opportunity has arisen).  Foetal alcohol syndrome is an extreme example of
parental malnutrition leading to the pinched-in lower two thirds of the
child's face.

As to my observation being 'below the belt', I am reminded of Robert
Ingersoll's succinct "In nature there are neither rewards or punishments;
there are consequences."  All other things being equal, there is little
point in hiding truth to preserve feelings.

Keith