From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Sep 1999 22:18:24 -0700
>My wife and I just found out that she is pregnant.    Is there a paleo
alternative to crackers to settle her stomach
>(control stomach acid)?

ALL the pregnant womens that i heard of who are eating instinctively  never
experienced morning sickness . It is a radical form of paleoeating  because
everything is raw unprocessed, and eaten without mixing, but even without
going so extreme , it is good to know that morning sick is not naturel ,
despite the fact it is wide spread.and usually experienced by pregnant
women.
Note the well known food cravings that occur at that time.
It is an  awakening of our instinct , to help us clean the body to prepare
the healthy  environment for the foetus.
So i think you got an answer to your question, if the food is undenatured,
the instinctive appeals of your wife will clearly indicate what she need to
eat to cancel out the unpleasant symptoms of desintoxification.
If the crackers work at masking the symptoms it is because the body stop the
deep cleaning to deal with the new intoxification. The same way i will stop
to use the broom to sweep the floor when wheelbarrows of dirt is emptied on
it.
I will come back to it later on with a shovel.
wish you an happy pregnancy.
Jean-claude