From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 May 2001 21:31:38 -0600
Hello, all!

Our firm will soon begin a campaign for New West Foods.  In short, this
Denver company has six individual products (buffalo and ostrich) that will
be available in 3,000 chain grocery stores by the end of this year.

FYI, the buffalo are fed grain but for no more than 120 days before
slaughter; average lifespan is 16-24 months, if memory serves.  At this
point, I have no idea what the ostrich are fed.

I do know this; neither buffalo nor ostrich are given hormones.  These
products are a lot better than the rest of what's found in mainstream
grocery stores, definitely something worth looking into.  I'll post more
information as it becomes available, if interested.  Is this free-range
meat?  No, but it's pretty darn close, at least when compared to standard
grocery store fare.  And both meats are absolutely divine, especially the
ostrich!  On Memorial day, I threw marinated ostrich steaks on the grill and
they were the hit of the party.  You may be surprised to learn that ostrich
meat is red.  A 4 oz. buffalo steak has just 70 calories and less than one
gram saturated fat.

Hope this doesn't look like an ad, but I'm sure this is just what a lot of
people are looking for.

Dori Zook
Denver, CO