From:
Matt Baker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 10:30:04 -0500
*Somewhere* around the house (where I am not right now) I have a content
analysis of Aberfoyle Springs water, the brand I buy at Wal-Mart.  I called
the Canadian company several months ago (800#) and requested it.  At the
time my main concern was the mag:cal ratio since American diets tend to be
heavy on the cal and deficient in the mag.  As I recall, it's not heavy in
sodium, but I'll re-check.  I suppose on a Paleo diet, we have less concern
about the ratios since we're not eating all those calcium-fortified foods
that skew a natural balance.

Water that is high in calcium has a naturally sweet taste.  The well down at
our barn has very sweet water.  Back in the 80's I bought 5 gal. bottles of
Mountain Valley water from Hot Springs, AR.  The calcium content is very
high with very little magnesium.   There is a lot of radon gas in the water
from the hot springs.  I don't know how much of it dissipates into the
atmosphere from the holding tank before it is bottled.  When I was pregnant
20+ ya, the only bathhouse open at that time was run by the state govt. and
they would not let me bathe because of unknown or dangerous effects of radon
gas on a fetus.

The Eades in LifePlan list several waters and the cal:mag ratio.  Most are
not available where I live.  Evian is a good one with a favorable ratio, but
very expensive, so I rarely ever splurge.

Theola