From:
Matt Baker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Oct 2002 11:11:00 -0500
From: "Elizabeth Miller"
> I have felt definitely warmer after my fattier meals, especially those
> involving coconut oil.  Anyone else feel warmth?

Have read that coconut oil contains MCTs (medium chain triglycerides), which
are thermogenic.  I've not noticed any warmth from eating it, but people
often do from what has been reported on other lists.  Maybe it's because I
use coco oil only occasionally in cooking and maybe not in sufficient
amounts to notice this effect.  Some bodybuilders like MCTs.

Theola