From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jul 1999 20:04:17 -0400
Wade Reeser wrote:

> I understand that there is
>some eveidence of gathering of grain in small parts of the
>Paleolithic world, it was very little and very brief as the grain of
>the paleolithic era remained on the stalk a short time.  I would say
>that it is not a food of the paleolithic era.

I agree. There is evidence that they started gathering grains 17,000 years
ago in the Near East. We know this as grains are inedible without
technology, and technology leaves evidence behind. IMO this does not
stretch back far enough into the Paleolithic to make them any part of a
hunter/gatherer diet.

Don.