From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 01:22:18 MST
The Twins wrote:

>We just saw it as well and were a little put off at the lack of
> >consideration given to the NeanderThin diet and its benefits....

I read the transcript (tape on the way) and I'm bummed, too.  Once again, it
was the war of the talking heads with no statistics.  Ray, you pointed out
an important statistic (fat consumption down, weight up) but a critic could
call it hot air, since the network neither confirmed nor denied your
statement.

One thing the Twins pointed out is SO TRUE; reporters neither do follow ups
nor see just how healthy a low-carb or paleo dieter really is.  So here goes
my suggestion:

Ray, I told you privately you've GOT to have a battery of medical tests in
your back pocket to show the critics and the press.  That'll shut 'em up
quicker than a smack from thier own sweet mama.  If you haven't sold enough
books to fund these tests, I myself am willing to slip you a buck or two.
I'm not kidding!  If you can show them your cholesterol, blood pressure and
other such statistics are normal (and we all konw they are), you will be
king!  And the news media WILL be coming after you in light of this story
and book sales.  Next time, you have THEM for lunch!

Dori Zook
Denver, CO

P.S.  I came within an inch of getting the local CBS affiliate to do a story
on the paleolithic/low-carb diet phenomenon.  They said if they didn't do it
today (which they didn't) they may do it during sweeps week, so here's
hoping.