Date:
Tue, 5 Jul 2011 18:12:54 -0400
Sandy, My information in eating in an Atkins-like way is anecdotal - about
me!  :)

I began eating low carb 14.5 years ago.  I became basically low carb Paleo
about 2-3 years later.  Within 18 months of going low carb I lost 72 pounds
( 34% of my weight ) and I have kept it off all these years without
deprivation.  All my "cardiac" numbers improved.  I don't put much
predictive value in these numbers anymore, but my cholesterol fell to 163.
My Trigs vary between 29-51.  My HDL is 63 and my LDL is 90.  My fasting BG
varies between 88-92.

I agree with others:  believe Gary Taubes.  He sticks directly to where the
research and tests point to instead of promoting a long cherished belief
such as "the earth is flat", which to me is as equally stupid as saying low
fat eating is good for you!

I go to a traditional internist who promotes the earth is flat diet dogma,
but she has respect for me and my ways.  She cannot argue with the results.
She always asks me "Are you sure you're not taking in medication (statins)"

Paula H., who will NEVER again eat low fat or believe what the medical
establishment touts without seeing the proof.