From:
Andrea Luxenburg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Jul 2011 18:21:51 -0700

> Hi Andromeda,
>
> Just wondering if you've been doing paleo for a long time. Thanks.

Yes. No. Sort of. Maybe. I don't know.

That is to say, I have been attempting paleo for several years, and low carb for longer than that.  But I cheat and fall off the wagon far too often and for far too long.  So the answer would be intermittent paleo for a few years - not consistently enough to lose weight or resolve hypertension, although good enough that my doc was amazed at my A1c (5.2) considering I was diagnosed with Type 2 DM over ten years ago, and that my last lipid panel (May) was, as I said, exemplary.

If I had time, and was brave enough to throw out all the drugs (digoxin, coumadin, and metformin) and supplements, I would do strict low calorie paleo (I can no longer lose weight without reducing calories as well as carbs), and in the long run, if I survived, it would fix everything.  But matters have progressed far enough that I feel the need to help paleo with whatever other healthful measures will hurry the healing.  Just so I live long enough to be cured....

Andromeda