From:
JoAnn Betten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Jul 1997 08:05:13 -0400
>        In general, it's no problem not drinking forbidden fruits, but
>this is one of the occasions that it's a requirement for proper
>psychodrama.  I just hope my fear of the sacramental coke enhances the
>ritual, rather than creating a self-councious energy vacuum where all
>the power goes into my worries of ill health from a quarter-cup of soda.

can't answer about the cherry coke, but i participate in Eucharist every
Sunday, and the couple swallows of red wine doesn't seem to bother me
digestively.  maybe a small amount infrequently is negligible.

if you wanted to be sure not to have a reaction, maybe begin building a
tolerance to the cherry coke. start a week or so ahead of time, take a
teaspoon one day, 2 teaspoons the next, et cetera...

JoAnn.