From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jul 1999 15:38:20 -0700
I guess my main question would be theoretical. Since
current Paleo eating is based on what our paleolithic
ancestors ate - where does oil come in? I don't want
to argue the preference angle (adds variety, makes
salads moister), or the health angle. Or even the "not
a *bad* thing in a Paleo diet" angle. I just want to
know if there is any basis for adding it to the diet.

For instance, we already know caveman Grog didn't
invent it for salads (;). And cavemen Mog didn't
invent it for his "frying rock". And caveman Nog
didn't use it to make pasta. So when or where would
the paleo's have used "oil"?

Someone suggested lighting (torches), but I think
animal fat would have been more likely.

Last point - if eating paleo means we should avoid
things neolithic in origin, then, if oil is neolithic
then should it not be avoided as well?