From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Aug 1997 09:47:32 -0400
On Mon, 25 Aug 1997, Muriel Hykes wrote:

> And your test results came after the niacin supplementation?  Do the drugs.

It's beginning to look like I will indeed end up doing the drugs.
Before I do, however, there are still a few tactics to try.

1.  ketosis.  I don't really have high hopes for this one, since
my carb intake is already fairly low, but it's still worth a try
for a few weeks.

2.  soybeans.  Utterly anti-paleo, of course, but there is a
substantial body of evidence that soy protein can cause dramatic
reductions in LDL, and the more elevated the better the response.

3.  grapefruit pectin.  Many people have excellent results with
10 to 15 grams of grapefruit pectin per day, after which
"maintenance" can be achieved by eating normal amounts of fresh
grapefruit.

4.  zone.  I can try abandoning the NeanderThin diet and going
back to the Zone plan.  I don't know how it might have affected
LDL, and there's only one way to find out.

Meanwhile, I am continuing with lecithin, garlic,  niacin and
fish oil.

Todd Moody