From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Aug 1997 13:23:47 -0400
On Tue, 26 Aug 1997, Grant Magnuson wrote:

> 1) if you do go with Muriel's suggestion of meds (in my opinion the
> wisest choice at this time to be "your Doctor compliant" and reduce risk
> levels), then I've heard Zocor at $3 per pill is very effective

Very effective for the stockholders?

> 2) I'm still not clear (or should I say convinced) in my mind, that
> indeed you followed, I believe it was Troy's or Ray's advice, to eat
> nothing more than red meat excluding most everything else except a few
> servings of salad type raw veggies -- I just cannot see any reason why,
> if you are fully compliant to a red meat & salad regimen that TCHOL &
> LDL doesn't not start declining?

You're quite right, I haven't even attempted this strict
ketogenic approach, but I intend to do so before I throw in the
towel.

> - no offense, but I kind of feel that we are "a-wash" with studies,
> opinions, comments and recommendations, yet miss the very simple point
> of red meat & raw fibrous veggies for breakfast, lunch and dinner over a
> long enough period of time to allow effectiveness

No offense taken.  We are indeed awash with studies, the the
current New England Journal of Medicine adds more fuel to the
fire with its debate on low-fat diets.

Onward.

Todd Moody