From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 1999 13:21:09 -0700
.  about blackberries
>never thought of trying to dry them.  Since they have
>a small seed in them, does anyone know if they would
>be okay to dry?
>Jane

i am drying blackberries for years, it is the easiest to dry in comparaison
with other berries. they need to be spread on a window screen and use a
gentle heat with fan (below 105 f to keep the enzymes alive and ready to be
reactivated once rehydrated in your mouth, liberating the original flavor).
The seeds are precious to eat because of their fatty acids content and are
crunchy not hard).
the flavor of dry blackberries is very rich and nourishing to me during the
dark days of winter.
if some of you are interested in getting dry blacberries but don't have the
time or courage to do it, let me know ,i can do it for you.
(those ones are not urban blackberries but from wild land.)
jean-claude
jean-claude