From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 23:47:13 -0700
Herb wrote:
> Recall, however, that in the last 35000 years human
> brain size has in fact
> decreased by 11%........ Thus while people these
days
> may seemingly appear to be maintaining brain size

Damn! That explains the rattling sound when I shake my
head :)

Amadeus wrote:
> I'd say there is obviously a much *bigger*
> intelligence in the modern human brain than in the
> 11% bigger brain of the biggest neanderthal.
> Their "technology" (stone splits and bone needles,
> clothing weapons)remained constant for 100,000
years.

So? The technology may have remained unchanged because
there was no reason for it to change. It is not
necessarily a reflection of intelligence - or lack
thereof. Many human groups used "stone age"
technologies right up to the 20th century.

Todd wrote:
> Does veganism cause the personality disorders, or
> are people with the personality disorders more like
> to "act out" by choosing veganism?

Good point. Ask them "why" they are vegan/vegetarians.
What I have found is those who answer primarily "for
health reasons" are much more likely to be the normal,
calm, civilized individuals like Amadeus. However, if
they answer with some pro-animal-anti-meat-industry
drivel, it is likely you should just grab your steak
and run. Case in point: There is a vegetarian
restaurant in the same building as my office. *Most*
of the restaurant staff fit into the latter category.
I am always amazed at how they can fly off the handle
at the mere mention of eating meat, and then calm
themselves by having a smoke outside in the alley.
Real concerned about their health, aren't they?

Ken wrote:
> Whether it is "paleo" to take any capsules is a
> matter for debate.

I think one could argue that taking fish oil (probably
paleo) in capsule form is really no less paleo than
eating meat that comes to you wrapped in a package :)

http://finance.yahoo.com