From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 09:03:02 -0400
On Sun, 28 Jul 2002, John Footen wrote:

> I have since regained all of that and put on another 25 more
> after leaving the diet (and my home in SE Asia) and returning to
> live in the US.  I am 100 lbs over weight in 18 months!  Good old
> American food.

I have experienced this too, and without going off the diet.

> I am curious if anyone here has had similar problems with Paleo
> weight ups and downs and if any successful people had good advice
> for keeping it off when you get there.

It appears that the hormone leptin is made in greater quantities
increases appetite.  Some of us, at least, end up eating more and
more food.

> I want to do it only one more time as it is coming off much
> more slowly this time.

Same here. I don't have any great advice, other than to
experiment to find ways to control appetite.  I have been using
leaner meats, which seems to help.  I've lost 20 pounds since the
beginning of June.

In my view, "being on a diet" means having to be vigilant about
what I eat and don't eat.  I accept that I will be on a diet for
the rest of my life.

Todd Moody