From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 07:47:43 -0600
>The problem lies in looking at it as a 'diet.' It has to become a way of
>life.

Precisely!  Which makes it scary when people use something desperate, i.e.
SlimFast shakes.  Shudder!

I think most of us who've done this AND other "diets" would argue that this
is the easiest plan to stick with - you get all your nutrients and the lack
of carb-dense foods keeps hunger under control.  I'll admit I have moments
where I eat a forbidden fruit but I'll NEVER go back; simple food choice
changes helped me drop weight, regulated my menstrual cycle, ended my
insomnia and on and on and on.

I almost laugh sometimes at people who do crazy things like SlimFast and
other wastes of money, then go back to pizza, beer and Twinkies and seem
stunned when they get fat again.  How the hell can you live on a frickin'
SHAKE?

Dori Zook
Denver, CO