From:
Grant Magnuson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Dec 1997 15:30:47 -0800
I was just talking to a person who has an 8 year old son with ADD.
Apparently no sign of hyperactivity, but he is active.  His physical
development is closer to that of a 5-6 year old, his mental
capabilities, in some areas, that of a 9-10 year old.

Problem: he refuses, and has done so his entire life, to eat any kind or
form of meat.

The only thing they have found was an organic bacon microwaved to near a
burnt crisp that he won't refuse.

There does not appear to be any Dx'd allergic reaction to meat, just a
revulsion -- since 9 months old anything with even a tad bit of meat in
it would be rejected.

The parents sort of feel bewildered and have fed him more or less what
he will eat.  He does take a variety of supplements, essential fatty
acids and amino acids etc.

The mother's current dietary habits are mostly vegetarian (possibly more
"forced" by having to deal with her son and learning how to keep him
healthy the vegetarian way, than by choice (?))  The father is in good
health, normal weight and has been following THE ZONE with a good sense
of well being -- but (somehow :)  he got a copy of my NeanderThin, plans
to get his own soon and has started to eat like a paleoperson and feels
that the NeanderThin way may help his son, if only the parents could
understand what is going on with this meat issue and what to do about
it?

He welcomes all suggestions? (which I'll pass on because he doesn't have
an internet connection yet)

Grant
Ps Thanks to everyone who responded re our pork roast -- your ideas
worked, we consumed our fourth roast for lunch today, the last 3 were
way better than our dry first one.

--
STONE and SPEAR email Support Groups
ATKINS-NEW * LOWCARB-LIST * LC-DIABETES * PALEOFOOD