From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 22:20:21 -0400
On Wed, 14 Jul 1999, Richard Keene wrote:

> I try not ot cook vegies much, but sometimes
> I eat cooked brocolli for variety.

I make batches of what my daughter affectionately calls "Garbage
salad."  Here's the recipe:

Buy a bag of "broccoli cole slaw", which consists of slivers of
raw broccoli and red cabbage.  It is a convenience food, since it
is pre-slivered, but otherwise uncooked and unprocessed.

Add a small jar of pitted green olives.  And a small bag of pine
nuts.  And a jar of chopped artichoke hearts.

To this I add enough Italian dressing to coat but not drench the
veggies.  My Italian dressing is just olive oil, wine vinegar
(yes, I have no objection to vinegar) and spices.

The result is a crunchy, filling, tasty, but low-carb mess of raw
veggies.  I make a big batch on Sunday and spoon out portions
during the week.  The oil in the dressing somehow "preserves" it
for a few days.

Todd Moody