From:
John Holman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 May 2004 19:22:21 +1000
2/5/04 6:42 PM Ashley Moran wrote:

> How do pigs come into contact with human faeces???

Interesting question.  I suppose one needs to be able to imagine a situation
where animal and man live side-by-side in close proximity -- sometimes
sheltering / sleeping under the same roof.  Certainly in many cultures (even
today) this would not be unusual and in earlier times I would have thought
it would have been quite a common occurrence. Now imagine the same situation
but without modern sanitation.  No bathroom.  No "special place" to sit and
no flushing toilet.  Human excrement has to go someplace and so I suppose it
sometimes goes into a pit (if one is dug) or behind a tree or maybe it's
just left where it falls.

So, pig lives beside man.  Man defecates and pig eats faeces.  Then one day
man eats pig.

John Holman