From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jul 2004 01:18:47 +0100
On Jul 28, 2004, at 4:46 am, Eva Hedin wrote:
> Reminds me of school children that don't
> have breakfast before school - they are grudgy, sleepy and easily
> distressed
> and research has shown that they don't do as well as, especially not in
> maths.

Does this apply to children eating a paleo diet?  I've started skipping
breakfast.  I find it helps me get through the day without feeling
hungry.  I get an initial hunger pang when I wake up but that passes
after I have a warm drink.  If I eat early in the morning (especially
fruit) my metabolism kicks in too fast and too soon and I need to eat
twice as much as the day goes on.  I'm down to two meals a day now
(omelette or meat salad, then meat and veg) with some fruit at night.
I seem to work well this way.

I'm trying to imagine the paleo situation- would parents save some food
from the night before to feed the children?  When I was younger I was
always happy eating a steak first thing in the morning.  (In fact I'm
still happy to do that now!)  Of course I usually had cornflakes, which
makes me think breakfast was invented so people could sell cereal.

Ashley