From:
"B. Stone" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jul 1999 01:49:32 -0700
Hello Again.

    Well, I thought I could handle it...  but I can't.  I never realized
how much of my diet before paleo was bread and bread products.  Please,
does someone have any ideas on how to lick this desire to eat all things
flour?  I've considered trying quinoa but I'm afraid it would give me
the same sour stomach that spelt gave me (God PLEASE don't start another
spelt thread!!! [or, for that matter, another God one]).  As well, since
neither of the aforementioned items are paleo according to Neanderthin,
I want to attempt to avoid them.  I have a severely limited budget so I
can't afford a very varied <g> diet.  I noticed in the Walnut Acres
Catalogue that there is nut flour available but, for what I can spend, I
figure I could only afford enough for a muffin.  Even if I could, how do
you make nut bread rise w/o yeast (which I assume is not paleo).
    I seem to be dealing well without sugar by supplementing my diet
with dried fruit (not good for losing weight) and dairy was never big
with me so that's no loss.  Every once in awhile I jones for cheese but
the memory of the acid reflux that is now all but nonexistent keeps me
from going there.
    These may seem like minuscule problems but, you must understand, I
did not become a 34 year old male who is 6 feet tall and 255 pounds by
eating healthy (and no, I am not nor was I ever a football player).  I
never thought I could go a week without fast food tacos, burgers or
pizza (I know I said dairy wasn't big but...  I meant straight up).
I've been on paleo now since June 6, 1999 10:13am PST (but who's
counting)<g>.
    I realize this message goes beyond the scope of the subject line.
Regardless, any suggestions you could provide would be appreciated.

Thank you...  Bradley (aka parenthetical statement guy)