Date:
Sat, 4 Sep 1999 22:56:16 -0700
Hi All,
     I would like to know how this diet effects the symptoms of celiac disease. In other words do your symptoms completely go away, or do you still have symptoms like loose stool? Also to those who do not have any intestional disorders, do you all have loose (not formed at all) stool, and is this a problem that you try to aleivate with fiber, and if so besides eating lots of vegies which we do already what is the most paleo fiber?
     The reason I ask is that I have Crohn's disease and I think my son does also, but he has not been diagnosed. Now for me diet has helped tremendously. For 15 years I have been gluten free then three years ago I discovered the Gottschall diet and eliminated rice (but added dairy-big mistake) then went totally paleo just over 1 year ago. But I'm still not cured of crohn's or Ankylosing Spondylitis, though much better.
     My son has been paleo for over one year now also and he has some symptoms that seem very crohn's like. The GI doc thinks I'm a nut case (one of those parents that is sure they have passed it on without noticing symptoms) even though he does have symptoms. She wants to test him for everything under the sun except Crohn's, and her latest quest is for celiac disease. Now, since the cure for celiac disease is to get off gluten (or does that not always do it?)and since he has been gluten free all his 15 years of life, wouldn't he not be experiancing problems?
                                       Thanks in advance,
                                           Paula