From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 16:38:57 -0600
>Incidentally, I keep reading experts who argue that the Atkins diet only
>results in fluid loss, not fat loss and only works short-term.

Yeah, well whoever says this is so full o' sh*t their eyes are brown.  There
have been SEVERAL studies released which show you lose more body fat on the
Atkins diet than a low-fat diet.  Sure, you lose a lotta fluid when you
start.  Why?  The standard diet turns your body into a sponge.  So you're
losing something you shouldn't even HAVE.  Go to google.com and find the
Atkins Center's web site.  They have a link to a veritable study-o-rama
there.  Enjoy!

Dori Zook
Denver, CO