From:
Stacie Tolen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 May 2001 14:36:42 -0500
Hi Mike! Here are a few more ideas:

Trail mix is easy to make and to carry. If you have or can get a food
dehydrator, you can make a nutritious trail mix composed of dried meat, nuts
and fruit. Jerky is indispensable. I never leave home without a piece.

Canned whole sardines are good. I like Crown Prince brand in the pink box or
the red box. Be sure it's in olive oil or water, not soybean or vegetable
oil. Hard boiled eggs if you can refrigerate them at work. Avocadoes are a
good snack: slice them open and remove the pit. Rub a little lemon juice on
the inside, put the halves back together and place into a baggie. You can
eat it out of the shell with a spoon.

If you're near a sushi bar, you could get some sashimi or ask the chef to
make tuna rolls without the rice, which is really delicious. Sushi chefs are
usually very happy to accomodate their customers. Wasabi is ok, but skip the
shoyu. It contains soy, wheat and usually preservatives too.

Rotisserie chickens are pretty easy to find. Because they are marketing to
the lowfat crowd, they don't usually add oils. We can get a rotisserie
chicken and a salad at just about any supermarket for quick dinner.

I understand that McDonald's has a Grilled Chicken Salad on the menu, but
I've never tried it. If you order one, you might double check about whether
it has cheese.

Best,
Stacie