From:
Erik Hill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 00:22:29 -0700
About salt -- I wonder why human beings have such a taste for salt?  The purpose
of the taste for sweet is to encourge us to eat as ripe as possible fruit, or so
the common theory goes.  But we have a taste for bitter, sweet, salty, and
sour.  Maybe the salt taste was to encourage us to eat meat, or even fish?  Any
ideas?