From:
"T. Martin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Sep 1998 15:11:51 -0700
Todd Moody wrote:
> > Do we have any idea what the standard deviation is for the distribution
> > of modern-HG cholesterol levels? Isn't is possible that those
> > modern-HGs at the all-meat end of the spectrum have cholesterol levels
> > closer to those of Stefansson than those of the mean (125)?
>
> I believe the mean for the Samburu (the meat-and-milk people) is
> 150.  The Tutsi (another all-meat group) are lower than that.

But higher than 125? And what is the standard deviation of these
distributions? You see my point, I'm sure. I just wonder how confidently
we can assume that Stefansson's results are so unusual that we have to
reach your "either his diet or his genes were different from modern-HGs"
conclusion.

Anderson is another story, of course.