From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 12:15:41 -0400
On Mon, 19 Aug 2002, Amadeus Schmidt wrote:

> Then at last you have found the ultimate fat burning mode.
> You eat 1200 kcal protein with little fat and the rest,
> some 1200kcal, were taken from *bodyfat*.

This seems to be what is happening.  Of course, when body fat
runs low, I guess I will get hungry for more fat.  I look forward
to such problems.

> Of course the trick is not to feel hungry on low calories.

The lean protein is very filling, I find.  I had about a half
pound of extra lean ground beef (5% fat) for breakfast today at
7:00 am., with a half grapefruit.  It is now about noon and I am
not even faintly hungry.  That breakfast was not much in terms of
calories (623 kcal for the meat, 32 for the grapefruit.  Total
655 kcal).  But it was a whopping 96g of protein, 10g carbs, and
only 23g of fat.  If I eat three meals like that, I'm still under
2,000 kcal, but I feel as if I have eaten much more.  Since my
caloric "break even" point is about 3,100 kcal, this is a large
caloric reduction for me.

If, on the other hand, I choose fattier meats, I easily reach or
exceed that 3,100 kcal level, in which case I either gain weight
or fail to lose any.

> If you managed this, you shold have it patented and get rich, real rich.

Most people won't want to eat so much protein.

Todd Moody