Date:
Thu, 12 Aug 1999 08:23:49 +1000
>  I have lack of pigment white spots all over my legs - and some on my
arms.
>  I am trying to work out what is the cause of this.  I had been a long
term
>  vegetarian (approx 15 years) before adopting a paleo type diet a year
ago. >>
> Do the light spots get lighter when you are in the sun while the rest of
you
> is tanning?

Yes, the white spots stay white and the rest of the skin gets a tan.

I am interested in what Patricia said about her white spots being caused by
a fungus.  When you look at the skin side on with good light you can see
that the white spots are slightly indented, like the top of the skin has
been peeled away or something.  But maybe this could be from the fact that
the white spots don't have any protective melanin and maybe get burnt and
are then peeling frequently when I get sun?

Patricia, how did you get rid of the white spots caused by the fungus
problem?

Larelle