NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Berna Marcon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jul 1997 12:04:52 +1000
Hi Leslie,

>> I'm sorry but I don't know what the symptoms of egg allergy are.
>> Actually my daughter and I tested positive to the first 18 major
>> foods we tested for and since we have to eat some of them we
>> didn't go back.  Eggs were one of them but since we are chronically
>> ill its hard to say what symptom comes from what.
>>
>> Many of our food allergies are part of our fibromyalgia.  The dairy
>> one though, is not.
>
>I'm interested in how you decided that your milk allergy is not part of
>your fibromyalgia, as I think mine is *most* of my fibromyalgia (it
>essentially disappeared when I quit dairy).

A/      It hasn't disappeared for me and I've been off dairy for a couple of
months now.  I believe all the allergies are a consequence of the
same mechanism that causes the FMS/HT.  So I guess I really think
that the dairy is also a consequence of the same.  I was thinking
previously that Marnie had the intolerance to lactose for many years
before her FMS dx so I was separating that but on further thought,
I think that is also just an earlier symptom of systemic problem.

We are working ourselves up to eliminating gluten from our diet also to
check this out next.  I'm checking substitutes etc..

>It must be very discouraging to get back test results like that, but I
>urge you not to give up. It's been my experience that even small changes
>help, and that gives you the encouragement to try larger changes. Have
>you stopped eating any of the foods you tested allergic to? Did you
>notice any improvement in your health when/if you did?
>
>Leslie Beachwood

B/      We haven't given up on getting well.  We have stopped all dairy, mostly
all wheat, mostly all sugar & other things noted as aggravating to candida &
we are
generally very careful about not eating chocolate although we occasionally still
indulge.  We have done many other things also.  We have begun a major supplement
regimen as well.

I'm on the Lowe protocol for FMS which defines FMS as a hypometabolic
condition.  We've had no improvement at this time but I have no doubt that
we will heal.

I believe FMS is a hypometabolic condition of which I don't know the initial
cause, although
Lowe has some ideas.

I think that if the body is working optimally then it can take care of
anything.  If its
not then everything becomes a problem..........................Berna

No wo/man is an island......................
**
We Are Infinite Love!   Thanks for reminding
me with your presence in my life!
(aka: tesa at #SimplyOne on irc.
My posts are all based on my instincts only.  I have no
medical credentials at all.  Always do your own research.
I'm only pointing out possibilities.
http://www.spirit.net.au/~masmith/
http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/6028/emerson.htm