NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Mar 1997 19:07:45 -0500
Hazel Green <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>As of yet I have not come across poultry, tuna or salmon with milk.

It is my understanding that some tuna uses dairy as the base for the
hydrolized protein. I think the ones have a D on the label. I haven't really
paid much attention to it, as I try to avoid all HVP/MSG and only buy tuna
that has no chemicals. It is hard to find. Starkist's is labeled "Naturally
Low Sodiun, Low Fat" and Bumble Bee also has a more expensive one. Starkist
also has one in olive oil. You can also find some in the health food stores.
Note that all of the ones that say packed in water are loaded with chemicals.

Don.