GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 18 Apr 2009 14:34:19 EDT
Ginny,

I think you're overreacting. WHy this debilitating self-doubt??? You must
remain strong. For consolation, I happen to think you have been a valuable
addition here at Ellen and at Posten and you and I haven't agreed on
everything.  Your ability to speak your mind will forever be maligned, even on the
blog, if  you give in to the intimidation tactics. For you to become a
muslim well on her  way in the journey of Islam, took more strength of character
than most of us  here can muster. You will have done me and my coleagues a
disservice should you  choose to deny us of the inspiration you represent for
us. You must understand  that you are walking testimony to gallantry and
evinced conscience. I am  sure JDAM, Kukeh, Suntou, Mams, Evian (albeit
privately - he dare not  pronounce it publicly for PDOISard bantanbilly sakes),
Yanks, Galleh, Olfactor,  and Laye, yes even Laye, appreciate your company
variously. Remember, that when  you leave, you will have denied some of us an
opportunity to be mad for no  reason, and they will follow you to your blog.
I'm just saying. How could  you abandon your friends for your handful
enemies? Is that not the tapestry of  life itself??? And who among us here can
tell you anything about life  Ginny? When you find an answer to that question
just let us know and we  will let you go in peace. Otherwise, you're mine
until yowmal Khiyaam.

Haruna. Just tell Jengfann to go to hell. He doesn't really mean any  harm.
He was just feeling bored. Trust me. Jengfann doesn't look beautiful
enough to compare with you. I know. MQJGDT. And if you leave, I'm   dropping the
Q in my name. Now what?????

In a message dated 4/18/2009 11:35:25 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

Hmmm....  I'm called a pathologically sick liar?  And yet  you
deliberately take my words out of context?

I mean,  deliberately!  I did not say that Gambians were "different
than the  rest of the human race".  I reproduce my quote below.

"The last  time people told me I wasn't correct in my assertions, and
the last time  that I asked for clarification, I never got any, just
another reassertion  that I was wrong, and that even if I was told "the
truth" I'd never  understand it anyway.  Because for some reason, that
no one has yet  explained to me, Gambians are somehow so much more
different than the rest  of the human race. "

What I've been told is that I'd not understand,  because Gambians are
so "different", etc.  And if you'd have read  further you'd have seen
where I said, And I just simply don't believe  that.

So let me lay it out for you again.  I said that, when I  have asked
questions, as I alluded to before, I've been told that "Gambians  are
... " insert whatever you want, tribalist, politically immature,  etc.,
and that no matter how hard I tried, I'd not be able to  understand
them.  And I'm saying, that Gambians are much different  from the rest
of humanity are they?  And I say, no I don't believe  that!

You deliberately made it look like I said that "Gambians are  somehow
different from the rest of the human race".  Which obviously I  don't
think they are, but you were also the same person who said that  I
thought my opinion was superior to that of Gambians because I used  the
phrase "vantage point".

This is really unbelievable!  And  we're talking about pathologically
sick people?

I don't think I'm  the only one that fits into that character.

Anyway...  I do offer  my apologies to all Gambians, if anyone
misunderstood what I said.   And I'm sorry that my opinions offended
anyone.  I'm sorry for being a  nuissance, I'm sorry that being
outspoken offends anyone.  And I'm  sorry that I don't hold Mr. Sallah
up to the standard that many think he  deserves to be held up to.

And though I was trying to be conciliatory,  my statements are taken to
mean that I'm once again attempting to derail  the process of uniting
the opposition, and even if I may not have been the  sole cause of
disuniting the opposition before, I don't want to be the  cause of that
now.

So if it means that I need to keep silent, or  disengage from the
discussion, or whatever, I'll do it.

I really am  done with this issue and this list.  Because nothing good
is coming  out of this.  Especially if all I do is cause groans of
disgust or  howls of outrage every time my name shows up in someone's
inbox.

I  may be a lot of things, stubborn, opinionated, sensitive,  emotional,
pathological sick, whatever you want to say, but I've never  meant any
ill will toward anyone.

And if what you're saying causes  people to hate you, consider you a
nuissance, cuss you out, tell you to  shut up, then this isn't really
the place you want to be.

Anyway, I  hate writing messages like this, because I realize that it
makes me look  childish and immature, however, at this point, no matter
what I do, I'm not  going to look good.  I'll either be a coward for
running away,  stubborn for comtinue to speak my mind, immature for
writing a post like  this.

So anyway, I've been here for somewhere along ten years now, and  I've
thought long and hard about leaving, and I think it's probably  the
best thing for me and everyone else.  Especially if my presence  causes
such consternation.

Anyway.  Take care all, and I'm  sorry for any hurt or offense caused.
If I'm going to say anything, I'll  keep it on my  blog.

Ginny

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい
To  unsubscribe/subscribe or view archives of postings, go to the Gambia-L
Web  interface

To  Search in the Gambia-L archives, go to:
http://listserv.icors.org/SCRIPTS/WA-ICORS.EXE?S1=gambia-l
To contact the  List Management, please send an e-mail  to:
いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

web. Get the Radio Toolbar!