GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Jun 2009 11:44:43 -0400
JDAM,
I am confident you will be pleased if I let our telephone conversation substitute for my public response here to your notes below. I hope your anxieties are now allayed. I will call you tonight after Tiger Woods at the Memorial and the Mali-Ghana qualifying match. I enjoyed our conversation immensely, but it was not complete. I did not finish sharing my considerations for STGDP's review. They are not unreasonable and I am confident you and STGDP will be pleased. They are win-win propositions. I do want them to consider allowing private Gambian entrepreneurs to organise private for-profit events around the July 4th festivities. Times are hard, and if those private enterprises had given way to AGERA fundraising events during a typically AMERICAN holiday, it is only fair and considerate to give these individuals and private enterprise some deference. And as we know, this conversation about ways forward is likely to continue for some decades to come. It will have been unconscionable to usurp individual citizen rights and privileges for surrogate fanfare sakes. That will have been one of the considerations for STGDP's review. I was one of the vocal opponents to such private enterprise during last July's festivities and I cannot in good conscience patronize a Non-Agera event without advocating for Freedom of expression and association rights. That will be what STGDP will ad-reductum, be discussing at her event. And long after her event.

The other considerations I intend to share go to the=C
2structure of STGDP. This is significant for my association with STGDP in any manner or scope. I am putting my reputation and integrity on the line so I would encourage them to give the idea due consideration. Unlike you, I think it is unreasonable at this time to equate STGDP demarches, no matter how ecumenical one may make them sound like, to Gambia's salvation. These considerations I will outline will move STGDP much closer to good agency and demarche that I and a multitude other Gambians will be proud of associating with.

Haruna.

From: Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Monday, 1 June, 2009, 11:21 PM

[ATT] JDAM.

Hello. JDAM it will be super if you add Jr. to ATT when you address me. I am only considering agency in this regard. I like the name very much. And I have a feeling even if I didn't like it, you're bent on shvoing it down my Bamako throat. I love you too.

[I do not doubt the sincerity of your invitation at all, but my Atlantic seaboard community on the west coast of Africa incessantly beckons. I am watching the political winds, but with the accomplished Dr Peters reminding us of the constant that is human mortality, it is safe to say Dabanani offers the greater attraction for now.] JDAM.

I agree JDAM and the inspirational Dr. Peters was prophetic in the Dabanani itinerary. It were not my intent to introduce permanent detour from the inevitable rest. My works portend iterative rest-stops to meme. I am confident you will appreciate itinerant company, if seemingly wayward.

[That reminds me of your great potential to positively affect my life, and those of numerous Gambians,] JDAM.

You reserve more honour for me than I may attain. You're too kind. It so happens tat mine own life is everyday, being positively affected by yew and
numerous other Gambians. I suppose it is time I attempt at yielding value for other.

[by offering your non-partisan services to the cause of a united opposition front for 2011.] JDAM.

I shall remain engaged and do my part to yield a coalition of political parties to challenge the APRC in a potential 2011 election. I am reminded that you have extant bet wth our other friend Koroma on some variance of such prospect.

[YJ of Gainako fame is leading the clarion call,] JDAM.

I am aware of Juan Car los' (Ma Yero) sojourn.

[and I have every confidence you will rise to the challenge as we negotiate a way forward.] JDAM.

Indeed. I am eager to rise to whatever challenge required of all Gambians ONCE we negotiate a way forward. We are all aware of the desirable and most valuable Way forward as Gambians. We have been since 1996 or at least since we recognized the ruse of a "revolutionary' in Yahya, transmogrified. DIsparate and narrow interests however threaten our trifle congresses. I do ot wish t hear of another summit to discuss the way forward. It is wasteful horloge. Robbed from progressive demarche. And I hope we are not looking forward to holding such around the July 4th weekend. Again. The urgency of all matter is reflected in mime and schedual.

[I assure you of the total absence of sarcasm in my plea.] JDAM.

I understand JDAM and going by your profound desire for relief for Gambia, I walk with you in somber gaiety. I am constantly reminded of your letters
in these and those auspicious epilogues.

[In collaboration with the likes of Mballow, it is imperative that you work on Ousainou and Hamat.] JDAM.

It will evidently betray non-partisanship were I to crowd the Hon. Mballow in audience with Ousainou and Hamat. Both honourables. I accept your challenge but on a parallel track as Mballow and STGDP. I am however of the general dispensation that any coalition of political parties must be one formed by desiring parties without coercion or threat. I understand you do not in any way infer such but it becomes ever so tricky to recognize the demarcation between encouragement and pigeon-holing. Our common experiences have revealed as much. If we, the diasporans, overstep our bounds if by zealotry and frustration, the affair become ever so burdensome when the residnts oblige us under the slightest duress, saber-rattling, and sleight. I understood your position to be along these lines, the harried hands of time and their attendant foreboding notwithstanding. I am convinced that if it is a coalition to challenge Yahya that we desire, we already know how to yield that. Have known for decades. However, if it is a stop-gap measure or cordon that we desire, we must embark on that justifiable demarche sans the ruse of a coalition of political parties.

[Much is at stake. Do your part, and be assured there is not an iota of sarcasm in my plea for your good offices in making 2011 fundamentally different from 2006.] JDAM.

I understand the
 gravity of the moment. It is a na tural progression of the moment of 2006 and the epilogue before it. I have always done my part and will continue to do so. In accession to your encouragement, I will redouble my efforts in sober enterprise.

[I do not propose that you join STGDP, but I strongly urge that you dilate the communication lines already opened by the group when it openly called for your support recently.] JDAM.

Far from it. I understood you exactly as you urge. That has been my posture. Some time back I shared with Fatou this exact posture. My only difficulty is in recognizing the contours of STGDP. As an organisation trained on saving Democracy for Gambia, I applaud the initiative and shall accord it unflinching support. Her erstwhile surrogatons are difficult to support or condone. Verily, raising funds for a prospective coalition of Gambia's political parties is a natural undertaking. The determination of any way forward for any opposition political party of Gambia or their varying amalgams, is both presumptuous and counter-productive. It is much more valuable if such diasporans were to form a political party in exile and compete for the hearts and minds of the Gambian electorate. Then and only then will it be appropriate for them to guide a coalition of whatever nature they desire. That will come with the gravitasse and umph of disciplined organsation and value-politic. I am tired of pantomime and I have run out of patience for pannafore. This chatter about a way foward is d
isrupting other sober though t and demarche and it risks truncating them prematurely. I shared with Musa Jeng an abstract of my disdain for unwarranted and trifle gaucherie. I remain in touch with Mballow, Ousainou, Hamat, Taal, and Hon. Mai. I shall rekindle contact with OJ, Halifa, and Mbarodi. The only complex is to alleviate Halifa and PDOIS' anxieties about UDP/NRP. Pretenses otherwise are just red-herrings. And given how much you allude is at stake, I find the anxieties unreasonable. Divine providence is frought with anxiety and fear, it is the shepherding of the present that we yield the future. Any future.

[About US affairs, you forgot I spent eight years in that heir to the imperial throne of Rome. It is a country of great contradictions, and I am of the view that its embodiment of the imperfections of human societies notwithstanding, the US of A is as great as they come.] JDAM.

I knew there was a reason we love you JDAM. You afford us more by the letter.

[Like other students of comparative politics, I am fascinated by the US syste m, Sotomayor, the Supreme Court, the Federalist Papers, and much more, should be seen in that context.] JDAM.

Indeed. And a rich context it is. You bring to it sagacity and fair-minded review.

[How about we discuss the nuances of the confirmation as the hearings happen?] JDAM.

I agree JDAM with your proposition. And for the same reason as you. That is we do not desire to yield20unfair advantage for Sotomayor's distractors. That is why ATT did not give the Algerian Press hints of the impending freedom of the Austrians. They said they were in North Mali. And I thought they were already in Burgenland. I couldn't resist JDAM. I want yo to know that I appreciate the high moments you speak of here and any inflexion will bear your succinct signature. I encourage your continued fair-minded review. ALways.

[Although I still struggle in placing you, I do hold you in great esteem.] JDAM.

If my prophet can't place me, you know I'm a lost soul. Thank you for the regard. If I were any more clairevoyant JDAM, I'd be dead by now. Did I say I loved you too? Well I'm saying it now. Evian, please go away!!! This is serious stuff. Not for grandkids. The man takes more French leaves than a Tuareg nomad. WHew.

[LJDarbo]

Much obliged. Haruna.

From: Haruna Darbo <T [log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Wednesday, 27 May, 2009, 8:33 PM

Haruna --

I am proud to announce my nominee for the next Justice of the United States Supreme Court: Judge Sonia Sotomayor.

This decision affects us all -- and so it must involve us all. I've recorded a special message to personally introduce Judge Sotomayor and expl ain why I'm so confident she will make an excellent Justice.

Please watch the video, and then pass this note on to friends and family to include them in this historic moment.

Judge Sotomayor has lived the America Dream. Born and raised in a South Bronx housing project, she distinguished herself in academia and then as a hard-charging New York District Attorney.

Judge Sotomayor has gone on to earn bipartisan acclaim as one of America's finest legal minds. As a Sup reme Court Justice, she would bring more federal judicial experience to the Supreme Court than any Justice in 100 years. Judge Sotomayor would show fidelity to our Constitution and draw on a common-sense understanding of how the law affects our day-to-day lives.

A nomination for a lifetime appointment to the highest court in the land is one of the most important decisions a President can make. And the discussions that follow will be among the most important we have as a nation. You can begin the conversation today by watching this special message and20then passing it on:

http://my.barackobama.com/SupremeCourt

Thank you,

President Barack Obama

We found the real 'Hotel California' and the 'Seinfeld' diner. What will you find? Explore WhereItsAt.com.
To Search in the Gambia-L archives, go to: http://listserv.icors.org/SCRIPTS/WA-ICORS.EXE?S1=gambia-l To contact the List Management, please send an e-mail to: [log in to unmask] ã�„ã�„ã�„ã�„ã�„ã�„ã�„ã�„ã�„ã�„ã�„ã�„ã�„ã�„ã�„ã�„ã�„ã�„ã�„ã�„ã�„ã�„ã�„ã�„ã�„ã�„ã�„ã�E2ã�„

To Search in the Gambia-L archives, go to: http://listserv.icors.org/SCRIPTS/WA-ICORS.EXE?S1=gambia-l To contact the List Management, please send an e-mail to: [log in to unmask]

Wanna slim down for summer? Go to America Takes it=2 0Off to learn how.

To Search in the Gambia-L archives, go to: http://listserv.icors.org/SCRIPTS/WA-ICORS.EXE?S1=gambia-l To contact the List Management, please send an e-mail to: [log in to unmask]

Wanna slim down for summer? Go to America Takes it Off to learn how.
To Search in the Gambia-L archives, go to: http://listserv.icors.org/SCRIPTS/WA-ICORS.EXE?S1=gambia-l To contact the List Management, please send an e-mail to: [log in to unmask] ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤C2¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤