EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS Archives

Evolutionary Fitness Discussion List

EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 12 Nov 2002 12:59:08 +0900
I ran a race last weekend, 10 K. I read recently of an
experiment done with vitamin E supplements. They claimed
that 1000mg prevented a lot of soreness by antioxidant
action, so I decided to give it a try.  I decided to go
heavy on antioxidants the day before and on the morning of
the race. I ate 300 grams of berries the night before and
the morning of the race. I usually take a multivitamin, but
took an added 1000mg of VC and VE the morning of the race.

It really worked. It was a really rugged course, all steep
hills. I ran it 5 minutes faster than last year, but I feel
no particular soreness except a twing in the calves. Just
two weeks ago I ran a 10K, and felt more tired and was
really stiff for several days after. I don't believe I am
suddenly in that much better shape in just two weeks.

I changed two things (not very scientific). I took the extra
antioxidants this time, and I had no carbs the day before
and the day of the race except for the berries and a few
nibbles of carrot. I guess about 80 grams total the two
days, if I am reading the lable correctly.

I took fourth place in the over 40 age group, tenth overall,
out of about a hundred. Much better than last year. I am
definately going to try this again. I really like the
feeling of low carb running. Much cleaner and more energy.
Next race is in a few weeks.

To get a copy of the old archives or the FAQ, look in the EvFit folder at http://briefcase.yahoo.com/dryeraser