ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Pat Ferguson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Dec 2008 17:28:55 -0600
Hi Everyone

I got a few prayer requests, please.

This is kind of long, but please don't fall asleep while reading it.
<grin> lol.

I'm bored, and I want to go shopping, but I have no money. Business
is slow, and our renters have bounced their check for this months
rent. We hate to let them go, because we can't afford to pay the gas
to heat the house, so we'll keep them in it, and pray that they pay
the rent soon.

We had switched over our internet, Home phone, and TV stuff to Qwest.
They origionally set up the account in my name, big mistake. Then,
when we changed it, to Vernon's name, giving me permission to make
changes on the account, they said their would be no charges. We got
two additional bills from Qwest, along with the first bill and the
total for all three bills was over $300.00. I'm fuming mad, and I'm
ready to cancel everything with them. I can't get anyone from Qwest
to call us back, and they have every excuse when I call them. I'm
tired of explaining this situation to everyone I call at Qwest. I'm
ready to call the PUC and the FCC. I guess we had to agree to a
two  year contract with them, another big mistake, but they promised
us all these discounts if we took the 2-year contract, so we did. I
don't know what to do. Vernon doesn't think we can break the
contract, but I'm sure going to try.

They didn't have all the services that they promissed us, either. I
new we couldn't have Voice mail, but I really wanted the Call-Waiting
ID, which we did have with MediaCom, and the installer took out the
Selective Call-Forwarding, so when we didn't answer the phone, after
so many rings, it was suppose to go to my cell phone.

We love the Direc TV and I do like the DSL, but we can get rid of all
that and either go back to MediaCom, or keep the Direc TV and the DSL
and we want to get Vonage. For $24.95, a month, they offer unlimited
longdistance and  25 phone features. All that is required is an
internet connection. We  would have to change our phone number again,
but that's okay.

I don't know if we should threaten Qwest with telling them we'll
contact our Lawyer or not.

We only had so long to get that deal, with Qwest, and they had sent
out a card, which didn't even match the prices they gave us, and I
thought it was going to be a good thing, but they are wripping
everyone off. We should  have listened to our insurence agent, who
canceled his contract with Qwest, for the same reason we want to
cancel our contract with Qwest..

Please pray that we can get this reversed. If we go with Vonage, they
will wave the connection charge, and only charge us around $14.00 for
the connector that we need to put on a DSL/cable modem. This
connector will be ours, and I think that we can take our phone number
anywhere with us, but I'm not sure.
Please pray for us, as we are both really frustrated about this situation.

Christmas is going to be very light here, and that's okay. I'm just
happy to have my Loving Vernon in good health.

Thank you all for praying.

Lovingly,
Pat Ferguson