ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
April Stahl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Sep 2009 05:04:15 -0400
Okay, okay, it's God's hair not mine, but hair it goes today.  Since I'm starting chemo cherapy next week, the hair will be going.  These fragile fine locks of mine, why perhaps they'll grow back in full and beautiful and ... oh, stop dreaming, April.  LOL.  Marilyn's niece Kristen will be cutting them for me this afternoon after I get a tooth pulled.  This bothers me until I remember just who's I am and who's hair will be falling to the floor.  So hair it goes!

So to all of you wonderful folks with long beautiful hair, (rasberries).  Just kidding.

Now I sit writing to you from this little pink net book and bearing my soul to many of you whom I've not had the pleasure of meeting, but may I share some thoughts with you?  God has given me some wonderful gifts in this life.  I have two stepsons, wonderful daughters-in-law, a grandson who will turn four in November, and a husband who loves me with his life.  These are gifts I thought I'd never have.  It seems life hasn't always been good for me in the family department, but in this season of my life, God has truly blessed me.  Now that's one great gift.  Another is the absolutely phenomenal sense of family I feel with you.  Many of us have been writing and have known each other for a really long time, so I thank God for you all each time I think of you.  Smile.

Last night I heard a big bang and then our power went out. David, my husband's sister, lives with us. She is 87 years old and gets around splendidly with her walker. She thought she had made it back to the couch to sit and missed the couch landing softly on the floor. We all went to bed shortly after that, so I'm hoping she has no soreness or stiffness today. Good grief, if I landed like that, my young bones would be ouchy for days. Oops. Anyway, Irene is a classy lady and we love havingt her here with us.

Miss Flurrie, my guide dog, is always a big hit at the cancer center. Yesterday several people petted her while we waited to go to chemo therapy class. BTW, the big thinhg about the class was that I got a prescription for a cranial prosthesis. (Yes, you guessed it! A wig!) Now how about that?

Wishing you all a blessed day!

Coming to you from the little pink netbook,

Aptril Stahl

Columbus, Ohio

Coming to you from the little pink netbook,

April Stahl