ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Aug 2015 19:39:30 -0600
Sharon,

Great thoughts.  I was sitting on my deck in the back of our house this week one day and thinking about Heaven.  I thought that maybe we would all be children in Heaven, as in, little children, but then I thought, we are all His children and He thinks of us as children.  I told the story on here once of my friend Danny and I when we were about 9 or 10, stopping on the way home from school to wrestle in the grass with a bunch of little boys about 4, 5, and 6 years of age.  Man, did those little guys work us over.  As the boys went to their homes for supper Danny and I walked the remaining couple of blocks to our homes.  I said to Danny, Man, wasn’t that fun?  Danny said, Yeah, them little fellers sure did work us over, didn’t they Scov?”  As I thought about this years ago, the Lord spoke in my thoughts and said, I like to wrestle, too.  This is why, in one of my novels, I wrote a store about a man named Jimmy going to Heaven after he died.  Jesus showed him around and they came upon a men named Willis and the  Peter., it was the Apostle.   Jesus started a wrestling match with the two men and Jimmy, realizing it was ok, jumped in to wrestle.  An angel even got involved.  Having fun, in my opinion, is what Heaven is going to be all about.

Phil.