ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Sep 2004 19:57:59 -0600
Sandy took Skip to another place today and without doing x-rays or even
checking him over, the lady put him on the floor and watched him.  Skip
either has a slipped disk or just a pulled muscle.  Just before Sandy took
him, I was feeling him to see if he was still shaking.  I felt the quivering
at the base of his neck and mentioned it to Sandy so she could point it out
to the vet.  The lady could see his muscle spasms without touching his neck.
They put him on an I V steroid treatment for a few minutes and gave us
steroid medication to give him at home.  He is already better and the muscle
spasms are greatly reduced and at times are not there at all.  I carried him
outside and down the seven steps of our deck to the ground and sat him down
gently.  He walked around for about 15 minutes and would not come to me all
that time.  Finally, when he was ready, he came back, I picked him up, and
carried him back inside.  How much did it cost?  41 dollars is all.  The
first vet, the owner is a Christian and a personal friend of ours, charged
180 dollars and didn't even diagnose it correctly.  Sandy said this same
treatment is commonly used in humans with slipped disks.

Phil.