ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sheila Killian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Sep 2006 21:54:26 -0700

Whispers

The man whispered, "God, speak to me" and a meadowlark sang.

But, the man did not hear.

So the man yelled, "God, speak to me"and the thunder rolled across the sky.

But, the man did not listen.

The man looked around and said,"God let me see you."

And a star shined brightly. But the man did not see.

And, the man shouted, "God show me a miracle."

And, a life was born. But, the man did not notice.

So, the man cried out in despair,

"Touch me God, and let me know you are here."

Whereupon, God reached down and touched the man.

But, the man brushed the butterfly away and walked on.

I found this to be a great reminder that God is always around us in the little and simple things that we take for granted ... even in our electronic age

So I would like to add one more:

The man cried, "God, I need your help!"

And an e-mail arrived reaching out with good news and encouragement.

But, the man deleted it and continued crying

Don't miss out on a blessing because it isn't packaged the way that you expect.

Sheila and Vignette

let all be harmonious, sympathetic, brotherly, kindhearted, and humble in spirit; not returning evil for evil or insult for insult, but giving
a blessing instead; for you were called for the very purpose that you might inherit a blessing." (I Peter 3: 7-9)
-----

No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.1.405 / Virus Database: 268.12.4/449 - Release Date: 9/15/2006